Thursday, 21 August 2025

A Man and His Beautiful House

- August 21, 2025
I have to tell you, I've become obsessed with reclaiming a zen space in my home. Like a lot of working teenagers, I tend to get focused on job obligations & home chores.

A comfy blanket makes all the difference in the world! The right blanket for that space entices you to cozy on down with good book and let your stresses float away (for a little while, at least).

I do not think it's too much of an overstatement to say that a warm mug of whatever is your pleasure (hot chocolate, coffee, or tea) is a must have in your zen den. Whatever warm drink is your favorite, keeping it warm just got a ton easier with a mug warmer.

This is not some secret hideout behind a hidden wall, which slides away to reveal itself, like in some thriller novel. It is simply a cosy niche outside my bedroom window on the second floor, looking out into the green garden below and beyond that onto the bustling street.

This is my favorite spot in the whole house. It is my private retreat that just lets me be for as long as I wish to be. That is, till some one realizes that I am missing and comes searching for me! By now, of course, my family has discovered my little hideaway and knows where to find me if I am not to be seen around. But that doesn’t stop me from retiring into ‘my space’ whenever I am in need of some solace and solitude.

I love laying in this spot to read a book, listen to music, or just take a nap. I also love looking at the clouds as they pass by. Sometimes you see the clouds take on different figures or faces. It's like being outside without actually being outside. It's hands down the best spot in the house.

The room is very useful to study, have a rest and converse or discuss about a lesson, and watching Netflix. In the room, I have a tiny electrical table lamp on my desk. I always turn on the electrical table lamp to study in the darkness like night for instance and I don’t want to leave it in lighting after i finish studying. Beside that, there is a television to entertain me when I am dizzy or bored. Then in my room there are some Kpop Musical Band pictures on the wall. So I feel so comfortable to enjoy staying in my lovely room.

Here, I reach for my favorite books, their words transporting me to places unknown. Here, I scribble down my fragments of thoughts that bubble in my mind. Here, I immerse myself in melodies, eyes shut, singing my favorite tunes, letting the music weave its magic around me.

I hope one day when I get a house of my own, I can have a similar spot. It is such a peaceful and relaxing spot.

And I’m certain you have such a magical corner in your home too. Tell me, where do you retreat when the world feels too overwhelming? What do you love to do in your cozy sanctuary?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Shirley Doing Things © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor