Monday, 15 September 2025

Why Do You Love to Read?

- September 15, 2025
Reading is the purest escape.

I’m about to go somewhere with nothing but the clothes on my back, a suitcase and two thick books. Novels. They’ll be my only companion, and I’ll read them some place sunny. I’ll leave behind my laptop. Turn off my phone. No emails. No Whatsapp messages. No social media. No television, movies, or news updates. Just… silence. The blissful silence of nothing but pages turning, the sun on my skin, my mind transported elsewhere as my body bronzes.

To begin with it's very relaxing. You can sit down at a quiet place and just forget about the world around you for a while. Sometimes when I feel like I have a million things to do I take a break, make a cup of tea and cuddle up in the corner of the sofa with a good book. After just a little while of reading I've got my strength up to take care of everything. It's also a great way to calm down before going to bed.

My first love was reading. First, being read to, by my father. Then, “reading” for myself, mostly just looking at illustrations. Eventually, words started making sense. Sentences forming. A great love was born.

People who love reading and are lifelong readers, usually love it for several of the same reasons.

Have you ever seen someone reading in a coffee shop or on a train and knew that you could be friends with that person because he/she was reading a book? Readers attract other readers and are the most interesting and thoughtful conversationalists! In addition, through blogging I have discovered the fabulous international book blogging community! Reading brings people together.

I love escaping reality and being engrossed in a completely different time, place, and/or world. And it’s been especially nice to escape the craziness of travel to places where it doesn’t exist..

Have a phone, tablet, computer or some other device near you? Just like that, you’ve got access to an abundance of reading material right at your fingertips. Whether you’re waiting in line at the grocery store check-out, at halftime for your daughter’s soccer game or just need a mental break from a tough assignment, you can access the latest news, an ebook, an article shared through social media and so much more.

As a reader, I always have book recommendations! I love being able to find just the right book for a gift or make a perfect recommendation!

What’s your number one reason why you love reading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

Shirley Doing Things © 2010 Web Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template and Home Design and Decor